We Do Training & Coaching.
We provide training for teams, new supervisors, management and senior leaders.
All trainings feature hands-on activities, experiential learning opportunities, interactive dialogue and case studies. Participants will learn frameworks that can be applied in multiple work situations, resulting in higher productivity and improved communication.
The role of an executive coach is to help draw out a leader’s expertise – unlocking his or her full potential. Strategic Consulting & Coaching works with middle managers and senior leaders to meet their particular needs, helping them to improve performance and inspire others.
Team Coaching Series for Supervisors
Team Coaching is a powerful development intervention that brings individuals together to develop their awareness, skills and learning as a team, helping them learn how to become more efficient, effective and focused in reaching agreed upon performance objectives.
SCC’s coaches work with management teams, leadership teams, new teams and teams who been together for years. The coaches work with the leader to design and customize team coaching program. SCC works with teams who want to:
- Create a stronger foundation of trust
- Identify, explore and leverage team strengths and styles
- Learn to navigate change more easily
- Enhance communication and the ability to have courageous conversations
- Increase quality of relationships amongst team members
- Create shared purpose, goals and value framework
- Create team agreements, supporting shared behavior practices in navigating ongoing change and difficult conversations
- Create accountability for their results
- Expand their leadership effectiveness and capacity
- The impact of these changes leads to enhanced team productivity, positivity, clarity, focus, creativity and performance.
- Team Coaching sessions may be held as intensive ½ day to 2 days in-person, off-site sessions with follow up coaching or shorter sessions scheduled over several months.
Unlock Your Potential with 1:1 Executive Coaching
Coaching is for executives and leaders who want to increase their leadership effectiveness and impact. Executive coaching will focus on the leader’s goals, emotional intelligence and leadership skills.
Leaders will meet with their coach 1-2 times a month for 6-7 months. EQI 2.0 leadership assessment and/or other assessments will be used to gain valuable insights for the leader and coach.
SCC Executive Coaching Process and Outcomes:
- Measure leader's skills with evidence-based assessments Create an action plan with goal-focused outcomes
- Identify a stakeholder group for accountability, feedback and growth measurement
- Increase leader’s self-awareness
- Increase interpersonal effectiveness
- Obtain outcome goals
What are the benefits of coaching?
- General Improvement in Performance
- Coaching provides attention and focus from an outside viewpoint. This generally leads to an increase in performance by the one being coached. If that is not the case, this could be an indicator about fit and a need to make a change either for the sake of the individual leader, the organization they serve, or both. Coaching in this way can even be a type of “job fit analysis.”
- Raising Awareness and Feedback
- With attention also comes feedback. A good coach not only knows how to offer useful feedback, they share it effectively and work with the leader whom they are coaching to help facilitate growth. Put another way, a good coach, through feedback, helps a leader fully lean into and express their expertise.
- Responsibility and Accountability
- A coach is someone that not only trains or instructs, they also help hold a leader responsible and accountable to themselves. They provide accountability by providing feedback to the leader and allowing the leader to process and learn from what they are experiencing.
- The best coaches may not always be positive, but usually they find a way to positively encourage the people they are coaching. In coaching leadership, this means the ability to identify strengths and to be honest with feedback, but to also take experiences (good or bad) and help leaders drive to a deeper sense of success and purpose.
+ Assessment and Tools
We are certified to administer a number of assessments and tools to the staff and board members at your organization, including the DISC Assessment and the EQ-i 2.0.
The Everything DiSC® is a personal assessment identifying employee’s preferred behavioral styles and is used to enhance understanding of self and others, improve communication skills and team effectiveness and to decrease/resolve workplace conflict. Participants will learn about their strengths and challenges as managers and how to adapt to meet the needs of the people they manage — making them more effective directors and managers. These DiSC® reports – along with a facilitated discussion – assist team members to:
- Understand their own behavior
- Learn how and when to adapt their behavior
- Motivate self and others
- Develop others
- Direct and delegate
- Improve communication
- Promote appreciation of differences
- Enhance individual and team performance reduce conflict
- Build trust
We are certificed in EQ- I 2.0 (Emotional Quotient Inventory) and EQ360 assessment. We use this assessment to work with individuals and organizations to reach their leadership potential. Emotional intelligence is a set of emotional and social skills that collectively establish how well we:
- Perceive and express ourselves
- Develop and maintain social relationships
- Cope with challenges
- Use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way
The EQ-I2.0 also provides:
- A way to accurately assess strengths and blind spots: take the assessment in less than 20 minutes
- A predictable way to measures current level of emotional and social functioning: receive feedback on your results
- A vehicle for developing effectiveness in order to improve performance: develop a customized action plan in order to ensure you are focusing on the right development needs.